Now is the time to consider a trip to Scotland. Staycations are becoming more popular and people are realizing how great they can be, so it’s time for you to explore the culturally rich country of Scotland. It is steeped in history and dotted with crumbling ruins. The cobblestone streets of its cities are alive with life.
There are so many things to do in Scotland, we have everything you need, including cottages, castles, lodges, and other vacation homes for rent. You are now ready to explore the best of Scotland!
Top 10 Things to Do in Scotland
- The Highland Games will see Scotland’s most brave and strong athletes compete against each other.
- Scotland’s culture, unique and distinctive, is proud and will be celebrated by the Scots with music and dancing. You can expect to be welcomed into any Scottish pub in the evening with traditional Gaelic music, and the finest single malt whisky.
- You can take a whisky trip to one of the many distilleries in Scotland. For those who love scotch and want to take a tour of some of the finest distilleries in Scotland, maps are available.
- Enjoy a fun day at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh. Then, take the children to Edinburgh Zoo to meet the most famous pandas in the UK.
- Golf at the original home of the sport, St Andrews. Stay in one of our villas.
- You can take a trip with the West Highland Line. It is considered to be one of the most scenic rail journeys in the world. No matter what you do, don’t forget your camera.
- The Royal National Mod is a celebration of the Gaelic Cultureof Scotland. It’s held all over the country. You’ll find the best of Scotland’s poets, storytellers, and bagpipers performing these ancient bardic arts.
- Take a tour through the Edinburgh catacombs or a ghost tour in the evening. It’s a fun and spooky way to explore the city’s hidden corners.
- Discover the great outdoors,such as the amazing beaches and lochs. These villas are perfect for outdoor pursuits. Don’t forget your walking shoes and bikes.
- Fingal’s Cave Island-visit Staffa island to view the amazing Fingal’s Cave. It’s lined with the same hexagonal basalt rocks formations as the Giant’s Causeway in Ireland. It’s truly amazing, unique, and spectacular. Keep an eye out for the cute puffins that nest on this island’s top during summer.